Welcome to my blog..

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up. ~Pablo Picasso

Thoughts for the Teaching Artist is devoted to an ongoing exploration of the role of the arts in education. I believe that the arts are an integral, essential part of every person's education. Arts education develops 21st Century Learning Skills, supports all core subjects, creates empathy & builds bridges, and helps develop voice & vision.

The views expressed in Thoughts for the Teaching Artist are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other persons or organization.



Saturday, November 20, 2010

Daily Thoughts

November 15-November 19, 2010

When I say artist I mean the man who is building things – creating, molding the earth - whether it be the plains of the west - or the iron ore of Penn. It's all a big game of construction - some with a brush - some with a shovel - some choose a pen. ~Jackson Pollock

To me, a building - if it's beautiful - is the love of one man, he's made it out of his love for space, materials, things like that. ~Martha Graham

You don't take a photograph, you make it. ~Ansel Adams

Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.”-Soren Kierkegaard

The way to know life is to love many things. ~Vincent Van Gogh

If you wish to receive these daily thoughts as an email every Monday through Friday, please send me an email at artistthoughts@gmail.com and I will add you to my distribution list.

No comments:

Post a Comment