Welcome to my blog..

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up. ~Pablo Picasso

Thoughts for the Teaching Artist is devoted to an ongoing exploration of the role of the arts in education. I believe that the arts are an integral, essential part of every person's education. Arts education develops 21st Century Learning Skills, supports all core subjects, creates empathy & builds bridges, and helps develop voice & vision.

The views expressed in Thoughts for the Teaching Artist are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other persons or organization.



Friday, September 17, 2010

Daily Thoughts

September 13-17, 2010

I am not afraid. I was born to do this. ~Joan of Arc

First I have a think, and then I put a line around it. ~ Roger Fry

The lack of emotional security of our American young people is due, I believe, to their isolation from the larger family unit. No two people - no mere father and mother - as I have often said, are enough to provide emotional security for a child. He needs to feel himself one in a world of kinfolk, persons of variety in age and temperament, and yet allied to himself by an indissoluble bond which he cannot break if he could, for nature has welded him into it before he was born. ~Pearl S. Buck

I am an artist... I am here to live out loud. ~Emile Zola

I see drawings and pictures in the poorest of huts and the dirtiest of corners. ~Vincent Van Gogh

If you wish to receive these daily thoughts as an email every Monday through Friday, please send me an email at artistthoughts@gmail.com and I will add you to my distribution list.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like you to add me to my work email, as I read that more readily.. that is pat.m.kahl@ssa.gov .. thanx...

    ReplyDelete